Thursday, May 15, 2008

Learning to Appreciate

Titus and I just got done going on two hikes in the last three days! It has been an amazing time to spend with him. Being in school full time and running His Voice has made times like this to be not as many as I would like, but nonetheless a blast when we get them. On the first hike, Titus walked for over 2 miles without me carrying him! Here are a few quotes from our times out:

1. "Daddy, did you know that you are special? Did you know that mommy is special? Did you know that I am special? It is because God loves us."

2. "Daddy, I love you."

3. "Daddy, you are my best friend."

4. "Daddy, why do turtles pee so much when you pick them up?!?!" (This was his response after we moved the turtle out of the middle of the road so that it would not get run over.)

Titus also told Amber this week that he did not need to hold her hand anymore because he was getting big. She responded by saying that sometimes we hold hands just to show the person we love them. His next response was, "Huh. Mommy, I am growing up. I am growing up."

The Lord used this response to challenge me with never trying to "grow up" to a point where I quit showing affection. I must admit that I have not been the best in showing Amber affection, but I do know that I want to get better at this. She is amazing! I pray that you will never be shy in showing your love for people. Live in such a way that you seek every opportunity to show people "Infinite Love".









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey vernon. this is brooke granger. i seriously doubt you remember who i am but you were my disciple now leader at spring city baptist in joplin, mo in 2003. i was just thinking about you not too long ago and wondering how you were doing...im so glad that i ran across you thru jerrell's site and its so great to read that you are spending such wonderful, valuable times with your family and sharing them. well i have myspace and facebook if you ever want to contact me. www.myspace.com/brooke4christ and facebook thru springfield, mo. take care. blessings.

Anonymous said...

You are sooooooo blessed! You have "peace", a superb wife, and quite a son!:) Titus is really something-it'll be fun to spend some more time with him in June. Just think Justus will be here:) I'm going to have to schedule my time well, so I can get all the chores you've chosen for me done, (especially the roofing), and still have time for all of you! Amber has some things for me to do also. I've realized--you're NEVER done being a mom:) How WONDERFUL! Enjoy the time before Justus arrives & keep making happy memories.
I LOVE being able to see my family!
Love, Mom/Birdie/Grandma