Monday, March 9, 2009

Some More Titus Brilliance

This past Saturday I was going to our backyard in order to ask Titus if he wanted to come with me to the store. Titus was sitting on one of those bouncy exercise balls in the middle of the yard and this is the conversation that ensued:

Me: Hey buddy! What are you singing?

Titus: Um, The Happy Song!

Me: Why were you singing that song?

Titus: So God and Jesus can hear me.

Me: Why do you want them to hear you?

Titus: Oh, I just want them to still know I am here. Let's go to the store now.


He blew me away with his comments. I was talking to my step mom today and she made the statement that it would be good for all of us to sit in the middle of the yard on a exercise ball and sing to Jesus. So, if you are by the house any time soon and you see me in the middle of our backyard singing, just know that I have been learning from my son :)

6 comments:

Anna Pociask said...

It is amazing what our children can teach us, through their words, actions, and not even saying anything at all. Child like faith is stolen from so many children because parents do not take the time to have real conversations with them. You and Amber on the other hand cherish those conversations and spur Titus's thoughts on. You and Amber are building up a generation that has been lost over the years through business of schedules and not taking the time to really listen to what their children have to say. You listen on a different level with Titus, a deeper level that most parents are not willing to go to. Thanks for being such a great example for other dads out there!

Jake said...

Dude, I cannot wait to see what Titus does when he gets older. God is going to do GREAT things through that boy!

It was good to see ya on Sunday, next time I am in town we will have Burger/Jake time! Just dont yell at me any more!

Also, You rocked the House on Sunday! I was so blessed to be there!

You rock my face off!

-Jake

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were a blogger. Now I've got you in reader so I will follow along. You are wonderful and I love you.

Smith Family said...

What a precious little spirit your little guy has! Praise the Lord for little boys. Jesus often chooses to minister to Nate and I through Campbell as well. He never ceases to amaze us. What a wonderful Father we have. We love and miss you guys.
~The Smiths

D and D said...

Love it!!! How cool is it that God teaches us so much about his Nature through the most basic things in life!! Thanks for sharing your life!!!

Karen said...

OH to be able to see the world and our relationship with God through the eyes of a child is truly, truly amazing. It wouldn't hurt us to take 15 minutes out of the day and be childlike again. Not childish but childlike. Thanks Deuce for sharing that story.
Love Aunt Karen