Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Titus (Pt. 4)

I want to take time and share the blessing we pray over Titus every night. When Titus was 2, Amber had him paint on a canvas (what a cool mom!) and then she wrote the words of the blessing that we have said over him every night. My prayer is that he will live out this blessing. Titus is now at an age where I say the first word of each phrase and he finishes saying it. I will "let you in" on how this happens every night.

Me: May

Titus: the Lord deal bountifully with you all the days of your life.

Me: May

Titus: you always trust in the loving-kindness of the Lord.

Me: In

Titus: the days of sorrow and darkness

Me: May

Titus: you rejoice in the Lord of your salvation

Me: And

Titus: sing to Him now and forever. Amen!

I pray this will not only be a prayer of a 4 year old, but also that God would encourage you in His faithfulness, no matter what the circumstance.

Insights?

Love Truth
Vernon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how Titus gets out what's inside of him. He has 2 wonderful parents that help. I love reading about all of you!
Love, Mom/Grandma

Daniel David said...

Vernon,
I've only read a couple of your blog posts in the past, but our Lord guided me to read these Titus stories tonight for encouragement. I felt a wave of despair creeping on me after watching McCain's concession speach but God reminded me of His Truth through your son's simply profound statements. You're a blessing. Thanks.
Daniel David.